Most of us already know that getting the COVID vaccine and flu shot can boost our immune system. As the days get colder and we might face both the flu and COVID, we want to make our immunity even stronger. Eating healthy foods and drinks can help. They have vitamins and minerals that keep us healthy or help us get better if we get sick.
Healthy food can’t replace a vaccine, but it can still help. Here are some fall foods that nutritionists recommend for your health:
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin has lots of vitamin C and A, which help your immune system. One cup of pumpkin has over 200% of your daily vitamin A needs. Canned pumpkin is a convenient option.
- Honey: Honey has many vitamins and antioxidants that protect your body from illness. It’s also good for soothing coughs and boosting energy.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is in season in the fall and is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which fight inflammation and illness.
- Brussels Sprouts: These little veggies are packed with vitamin C, B6, fiber, and potassium. They also help detoxify your body.
- Acorn Squash: Acorn squash is delicious and filled with calcium, potassium, beta carotene, and vitamin A. It’s a healthy alternative to potatoes.
- Apples: Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C, and other essential nutrients for your immune system.
- Turmeric: This spice fights inflammation, which can lower your immune system. Add it to your cooking or drinks.
- Butternut Squash: It’s a vitamin A powerhouse and supports the immune system.
- Cranberries: These have antioxidants and can boost your immunity, helping you fight infections.
- Pears: Pears are a good source of vitamin C and contain a type of fiber that supports a healthy gut, which can help fight off illnesses.
Now you know what foods to include in your diet to boost your immune system. It’s time to start cooking and enjoy good health!
Image Source: https://www.compass-hk.com/media-news/wellbeing-you-supercharge-your-immune-system/